Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 16, 2009
Hello Everybody!
Currently I am in the town of Hibbing. Our area is the 2nd largest in the mission. This transfer I was called to be a trainer. My companion is Elder Bair. Elder Bair is from Montana. He is a very hard worker. They don’t call ‘em corn bread feed (fed??)for nothing. Later in this transfer I was called to be a District Leader. This was because we were too far from any other district. So, we’re all alone.
Elder Bair and I have been working hard tracting and finding new people to teach. We now have a pretty good size teaching pool. We spend a good chunk of our time searching out and finding less-actives. The mission plan is to teach these members the lessons again to re-light that fire they had at conversion. We are seeing good improvement. The ward is helping us out a lot by finding more people to teach.
Some good experiences that I have stumbled across on my mission…in my last area the Lord blessed my companion and me with 2 baptisms. After I left that area 2 of the investigators that we were teaching were also baptized. In my last area we also worked with less-actives and we started to see 2 families come back to the gospel.
For the 7 months that I have been a missionary I have seen the Lord’s hand in His work countless times. I am very excited to be a servant in Minnesota. I would never change my decision to go on a mission. (The Church is true, the Book is blue, and Jesus was a Mormon!)
The best part of the mission is to see people’s lives change for the better. To look into their eyes and see true happiness. I am grateful for this gospel, to have grown up in a great ward, and to be blessed with the family I have.
Dad. I love you.
Elder Grondel the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment

MTC/ Minnesota

MTC Pics

Getting the Call